Having kids is so amazing and rewarding! But let’s face it, it can definitely be expensive. If you want to earn a little extra money on the side, here are 5 easy ways to earn extra money online. You won’t get rich, but who doesn’t love making extra money or saving money on purchases?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I earn a small commission if you make a purchase by clicking on the affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my Disclosure for more details.
It is super easy and fast to sign up at Rakuten. It literally takes seconds, and you can earn cash back on purchases you were already going to make anyway! All you have to do is enter an email and come up with a password.
Some examples of places where you can currently get cash back include Amazon, Walmart, Kohl’s, Target, Macy’s, Old Navy, Sephora, Best Buy, JCPenney, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
In order to get cash back, you have to click on a Rakuten link inside the Rakuten app or the Rakuten website. After you make a purchase, you’ll be able to see how much you’ve earned in your Cash Back Balance. You can paid by check or through PayPal. Sign up for Rakuten here to earn $10 off your first purchase!
2. Survey Junkie
It is also easy and free to sign up for Survey Junkie. You can get paid to take surveys.
There are profiles that you can fill out that will earn you a small amount of points. For example, there is a shopping profile where you will be asked what stores you shop at and what products you buy. The purpose of these profiles is to match you with appropriate surveys.
You earn points with every survey you take. Sometimes you will start a survey and not qualify for it, so you will just get a few points. Once you earn points that are equivalent to $5, you can cash out.
You can get paid through PayPal, you can get an e-Giftcard if you reside in the United States, or you can do a bank transfer.
There is also additional research activity that you may be eligible for. This includes:
- Product Testing: You participate in a brief online survey, and free products will be shipped to your home to use and keep. You will then be surveyed about the product and your experience. This may be available once a month or less. Potential compensation can range from $25-$100.
- Online Focus Group: You participate in a survey online. Then you get together with a group of people online to discuss the product or service. This may require the use of a webcam. Potential compensation can range from $25-$100.
- In-Person Focus Group: You participate in a brief online survey. Then you participate in an in-person focus group at a designated time and location you agree upon in advance. This may be available once a month or less. Potential compensation can range from $25-$150.
- Phone Survey: You participate in an online survey, and then a researcher will call you to ask questions related to the product or service. This may be available once a month or less. Potential compensation can range from $5-$100.
It is free to join and easy to sign up. All you have to do is enter in your email address and create a password.
You can earn Swagbucks through surveys, watching videos, and surfing the web with their Yahoo powered search engine. You can also earn Swagbucks by shopping online at over 1,500 retailers such as Target, Amazon, and Walmart.
You can earn money online by redeeming Swagbucks for PayPal cash or gift cards from places like Amazon or Kohl’s. If you sign up for Swagbucks here, you can get an additional bonus 300 Swagbucks once you start earning.
Ibotta is free to join and easy to sign up. You can earn cash back with Ibotta by shopping online and in-store at Target, Walmart, grocery stores, clothing, and pet supply stores.
I use the app, and I will click on the retailer that I am going to, which is usually Costco or Martin’s. When you click on the retailer, it will tell you what items will earn you cash back. There have been a couple of times that I’ve forgotten to do this beforehand. All you have to do is scan your receipt and claim cash back for qualifying items purchased.
Ibotta is super easy to use, and can earn you cash back on things you were already planning to buy. You can redeem the cash you have earned through a gift card or PayPal.
RELATED: 13 Simple Ways to Cut Expenses
5. American Consumer Opinion
It is free and easy to join American Consumer Opinion, where you get paid to take surveys. Once you sign up, you fill out a quick registration questionnaire and profile study to help match you with surveys.
You can redeem your points through PayPal, Hyperwallet, or you can donate it to charities. Start Earning Money Now!
RELATED: 100 Best Freebies in 2020
How do you earn money online? Please share and comment below!